Customized ArcGIS Online Agenda
The ArcGIS Online team prepared many technical workshops and demo theater presentations for the upcoming User Conference. To make it easy to see what is available and when, we’ve created a customized ArcGIS Online agenda. You can download it at the end of this article. The agenda includes six sections:
- Introductions: get started with capabilities like spatial analysis, and learn the benefits of Web GIS.
- Capabilities: dive deeper into capabilities like Smart Mapping, map styles, and 3D web scenes.
- Apps: see what you can create using configurable apps, app templates, and Web AppBuilder.
- Administration: learn best practices for configuring your organization, administering members, and using your own authentication system.
- Advanced Workflows: get best practices for setting up high demand layers, pop-ups, and publishing services, layers, and maps.
- What’s New & Coming: discover what’s been added and improved, and learn what’s planned for future updates.
Three technical workshops you don’t want to miss:
- Best Practices for High Demand Layers: Web mapping applications provide spatial context for current events, news stories and public information, sometimes generating large amounts of web traffic. ArcGIS Online’s cloud infrastructure can scale to meet the needs of high demand apps, receiving hundreds of thousands of requests. This session reviews best practices of layer types, layer and web map configurations, and sharing settings that help popular (viral) apps take advantage of ArcGIS Online’s scalable architecture. See the schedule.
- Steps for Success for your ArcGIS Organization: A Best Practices Approach: Your ArcGIS organization is an integral part of your GIS ecosystem, enabling you to reach a broad audience that includes GIS professionals, decision makers, knowledge workers, your mobile workforce, and the public. Using real world examples presented in a step-wise fashion, this fast-paced workshop offers guidance, tips, and details best practices that will enable you to create a successful and vibrant organization that meets your needs and goals. Whether you’ve already lifted your organization, or are just beginning to think about it, you’ll get ideas on how to configure it for the best experience and results, and how to engage users of all types successfully. See the schedule.
- Explore Your Data with Smart Mapping: Learn about the exciting new enhancements behind our Smart Maps initiative for ArcGIS Online. See how we've re-envisioned mapping through data-driven workflows, intelligent defaults, coordinated styling, automated scale ranges, new thematic renderers, and streamlined interfaces. Smart Mapping allows experts and novices alike to work faster, with more confidence and less effort. See the schedule.
ArcGIS Online in the Expo
Stop by the ArcGIS Online Area in the Expo where you can:
- Get your questions answered
- Show us your work. We’d love to see the cool things you are doing with ArcGIS Online!
- See demos of the latest updates and features.
- Give us your ideas on how we can improve ArcGIS Online
Download the focused agenda to help you identify ArcGIS Online topics that interest you. We’ll see you in San Diego for an excellent week!