Did you know that the early bird rate for the Esri UC ends on January 16? Not a lot of time if you haven't registered, but totally worth registering early if you are planning on coming to the UC.
Registering early means you save $400 off the regular fee. It also allows you to select a hotel room now, when the hotel room getting is good.
Trust me, you don't want to hoof it back to a hotel that is a few miles away after spending a day at the UC. How many steps did you record last year on your fitness app? Did your fitbit go up in flames from all the walking to and from sessions, across the Expo and Map Gallery? The UC is a physically and mentally challenging conference! Be nice to yourself and get a hotel room now.
If you register early, you can also grab a seat at one of the preconference seminars before they sell out. Here's what's on the menu:
- A Framework for Geodesign
- ArcGIS Enterprise Systems: Performance and Scalability
- ArcGIS Enterprise Systems: System Architecture Design Strategies
- Building the Basemap for the Community Maps Program
- Esri Technical Certification: Skills Review for ArcGIS Desktop Associate
- Esri Technical Certification: Skills Review for ArcGIS Desktop Professional
- Implementing an Enterprise GIS Project
- Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts
- Performing Geospatial Analysis
- Planning and Managing a GIS
- Real-Time GIS using ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor for Server
- Introduction to ArcGIS Pro for GIS Professionals
Seriously, there will be so much at this conference, you won't want to miss it. Here's what else you can look forward to:
Birds of a feather can flock together - Meet up with others in your industry, in your country, in your region, or those using the same apps, maps, data, tools,... you can meet a lot of people.
Sponsors are special - Remember what I said about the fitbit? The Expo area is huge and chock full of interesting companies to meet.
Just share it - Continue to check the UC web site for ways to get involved - there are lightening talks, the Map Gallery, slides for the Plenary - all sorts of ways for you to share the work you have been doing.
GIS is child's play - Esri hosts a kids camp where the next generation of geographers and cute cartographers can learn about how spatial the world is.
Do yoga. Run a 5K. Attend a party - The Esri UC is fun! All work and no play,.. well that's no fun.
But you can't register for one of these, until you register for the UC. Haven't registered? Go here and feel good about completing one of your resolutions this year!