As we wrap up the week with the closing session we say farewell, adios, até logo, adieu, arrivederci, la revedere, auf wiedersehen, dag, vi ses, farvel, tot wederdom, do svidaniya, do zobaczenia, doviđenja, ahoj, adijo, sayōnara, zài jiàn, joigin, annyeong, namaste...
Welcome to the final day of UC coverage on GeoNet! It's been an exciting week of connecting and collaborating with you during UC. The last day wrapped with the closing session featuring ... GeoNet awards, Jack's closing remarks, and the Open Q&A session. Here are some of the highlights and links to all the UC GeoNet coverage. Enjoy!
Closing Session Segments
Opening and Introduction of Esri Directors
Jack welcomes and thanks to the audience for being here and reminds them to start planning to be here for next year. He gives an introduction to the directors of Esri.
- Jeff Peters - Global Business Development
- Sud Menon - Software Product Development
- Damian Spangurd - Solutions
- Brian Cross - Professional Services
- Dirk Gorter - Product Mangement
- Clint Brown - Product Engineering
- Marianna Kantor - Marketing
- Nick Frunzi - Education Services
- Dean Angelides - International Business Development
- Dawn Wright - Chief Scientist
- Lawrie Jordan - Imagery
- and James Hitchcock - Creative Lab
UC 2018 Map Award Winners
GeoNet Awards: 2017 Top Contributors
The Road Ahead
- Real Experiences
- Community GIS (New and Unexpected Connections)
- Inspirational Maps
- Analysis Workflows and Tradecraft
- Energetic Interactions
- Users teaching users
UC Facts & Stats
What we can do better
- Inclusive Policies for families
- More childcare
- Growing conference
- Crowded map gallery
- More food trucks
- Better audio quality in demo theatres
- More charging stations
- Want Additional Expo Hours
- An earlier release of agenda
- Better navigation of the conference
- Dynamic room changes
- Wifi performance
- Better communication around submitted papers
- Need more Ad Hoc meeting spaces
While we were at UC, Thailand made their amazing rescue of the students trapped in the cave.
There was a lot of applause and many great questions and suggestions that came from the audience members. The best question was from an audience member that asked if Jack would wear a MapMan costume for the 50th Anniversary at UC next year. Jack responded by saying that his team should also wear one.
The Q&A Open Discussion session will be shared online on the Esri Events on Youtube. We will post the updated link tot he closing session here as soon as it is available.
Jack's Closing Remarks
Jack praised his team, the organization, and the people that make Esri happen and make the difference for the customers, users and the community. Jack thanks everyone once more. Next year will be 50 years for Esri. Be sure to attend the User Conference. It will be a big one.