It has been 2 years since Pinde’s last book. This highly sought after new edition features the latest advances in Esri’s entire Web GIS platform, from the cloud server side to the client side.
The e-book is available today and the print book will be available in July.
I hope this book will spark your imagination and creativity, and help you think about how Web GIS is relevant to your work and your life. I hope you will use Getting to Know Web GIS to innovate your existing workflows, to transform the creative ideas in your mind into realities, and to help you address the many challenges facing our communities and our world today. - Pinde Fu
Getting to Know Web GIS, fourth edition
- Discover and apply what’s new in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, Map Viewer, ArcGIS StoryMaps, Web AppBuilder, Survey123, and more. arcgisonline
- Learn about recent Web GIS products such as ArcGIS Experience Builder, ArcGIS Indoors, and ArcGIS QuickCapture. Understand updates in mobile GIS such as ArcGIS Collector and AuGeo, and then build your own web apps. experience builder
[ISBN: 9781589485921 490 pages $94.99]
Inside the book
Each chapter is written for immediate productivity with a good balance of principles and hands-on exercises and includes:
- A conceptual discussion section to give you the big picture and principles,
- A detailed tutorial section with step-by-step instructions,
- A Q/A section to answer common questions,
- An assignment section to reinforce your comprehension, and
- A list of resources with more information.
This book is ideal for classroom lab work and on-the-job training for GIS students, instructors, GIS analysts, managers, web developers, and other professionals, Getting to Know Web GIS, fourth edition, uses a holistic approach to systematically teach the breadth of the Esri Geospatial Cloud.
To download instructor slides, tutorial data, and assignment data, go to go.esri.com/gtkwebgis4
About the Authors
Pinde Fu leads the ArcGIS Platform Engineering team at Esri Professional Services and teaches at universities including Harvard University Extension School. His specialties include web and mobile GIS technologies and applications in various industries. Several of his projects have won special achievement awards. Fu is the lead author of Web GIS: Principles and Applications (Esri Press, 2010) and the Getting to Know Web GIS series.
Dr. Jie Chang (author of chapter 9) is a product engineer for the Esri 3D Analyst team. His specialties include 3D, imagery, spatial analysis, and databases. He received his PhD from University of Texas Dallas.