We have heard from colleagues in higher education involved with teaching and conducting research with GIS that there is an ongoing need to keep our community connected during these times of rapid change in education and technology. Join your colleagues in higher education and the Esri education team to learn about tools, data, curricular materials, and teaching approaches during these informal brown bag chats. Each chat will feature a short presentation about a GIS resource followed by plenty of time to ask for more information of the speaker and to chat with the community. Each session will be recorded so you can watch it asynchronously if you wish. Keep checking this blog to view the recordings as they will be uploaded after each brown bag session.
GIS Education Chat Schedule and Recordings
Occurrence: First Tuesday of every month at 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PT)
Duration: 45 minutes including Q&A.
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PT)
Topic: Teaching with and using the QuickCapture App.
- Topic lead: Ismael Chivite
- Note: Download the QuickCapture app from the iPhone AppStore or Google Play Store before the brown bag, if you would like to follow along the demo.
- Link to recording and use the password: 1t?p5fbh
- Quick Capture learning resources
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PT)
Topic: Teaching with and using the Experience Builder to create customized web mapping applications.
- Topic lead: David Martinez
- Link to recording and use the password: 8P%!y+4Z
- Experience Builder learning resources
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PT)
Topic: Linking Survey123, web maps, story maps, and dashboards for effective data collection, analysis, and communication.
- Topic lead: Joseph Kerski
- Link to recording and use password xbGn&G4e
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PT)
Topic: ArcGIS Story Maps Best Practices in Higher Education: Q&A with the Experts
- Topic lead: ArcGIS StoryMaps Product Team
- Link to recording and use the password VR*0Vk@=
- Link to ArcGIS StoryMaps resources for higher education
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PDT)
Topic: Turning Data into Meaningful Information: A Lesson From ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World Team
- Topic lead: Jim Herries
- Connection info: https://esri.zoom.us/j/95067532998?pwd=OExJbEhRTGo5S2F1TC92T3BEM0wyUT09
- Password: 321585
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 9 AM (PT)
Topic: ArcGIS Hub for Data Sharing, Student Projects, and Community Engagement
- Topic lead: Morgan Sapia
- Connection info: https://esri.zoom.us/j/99009072359?pwd=TjlOaVl4d3JPMjhKa05tN2cwL2ozUT09
- Password: 570121
Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 | 12 NOON (ET), 11 AM (CST), 10 AM (MDT), 9 AM (PDT)
- Topic lead: TBD