Like many of you reading this, I love to teach, and every year look forward to teaching hands-on workshops at the Esri Education GIS Summit. It brings me joy to help educators advance in their GIS journey, and also it is extremely valuable to hear about their concerns, challenges, questions, and success stories. This year I am serving as a teaching assistant in the story maps workshop and in a GIS for Beginners workshop. I am also leading two workshops--Spatial Analysis in ArcGIS Online, and Survey123 for Education. I also have been asked to give a presentation for the Esri Young Professionals Network on GIS in education. Recognizing that not everyone can attend these sessions, I wanted to make the slides and the hands-on activities available to all via the attachments to this blog.
1. GIS for Beginners. Slides.
2. GIS for Beginners. Activities.
3. Spatial Analysis in ArcGIS Online. Slides.
4. Spatial Analysis in ArcGIS Online. Activities.
5. Survey123 for Education. Slides
6. Survey123 for Education. Activities.
7. My notes for my presentation about GIS in education to the Esri Young Professionals Network.
I look forward to your feedback below, and I hope these resources are helpful.