We’ve just released a variety of new features and improvements to the StoryMaps builder.
Several of these are things you, our community members, have been asking and patiently waiting for, like:
- The ability to duplicate a story
- Story navigation links (think bookmarks in the classic Cascade template)
- A floating panel layout for sidecar (think Cascade’s immersive experience)
- Adding video to guided tour
We’ve also added some new themes, styling options for express map annotations, a broader selection of Living Atlas content, and more.
Get an overview of all of the newly added features in this blog post.
Finally, in this release we also resolved a number of bugs that you’ve helped us identify:
- Map actions are now reversible on small screens
- Map actions work as expected in duplicated slides
- Pasting text into map action buttons and headings works as expected
- The process for using enterprise logins to access private stories has been improved
- Rich embeds now display live in sidecar narrative panel, where appropriate
- A situation where autoplay speed would increase after interacting with the story has been addressed
- Merging and splitting block quotes now behaves as expected
- Some issues where text or media blocks were not inserted in the correct place have been addressed
Thank you for helping improve the product by sharing your bug reports and feedback with us!