by Lucy Guerra
Whether you use Business Analyst, Community Analyst, ArcGIS Maps for Office, ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI, Living Atlas, ArcGIS Online Map Viewer, or other Esri products… see what’s coming with the 2018/2023 U.S. Demographic Updates in the upcoming June online release…
The 2018/2023 U.S. Demographic release reflects updates to the changing demographic landscape and includes some new data attributes.
- 2018/2023 Updated Demographics – includes Population by Generations, expanded Home Values, and a new data resource.
- 2018 Tapestry Segmentation – incorporates Esri’s latest demographic estimates.
- 2018 Consumer Spending – incorporates the latest Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX), 2015-2016, from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- 2018 Market Potential – incorporates the latest Doublebase 2017 data from GfK MRI. As a result, this release introduces some attribute additions/changes/removals.
- 2018 Business Summary – incorporates Infogroup business data from Jan 2018.
- 2018 Traffic Counts – from Kalibrate, Q1 2018.
- 2018 Crimes Indexes – from AGS, 2018A.
- 2018 Major Shopping Centers – from Directory of Major Malls, Jan 2018.
- 2018 Business Locations – from Infogroup, Jan 2018. Includes two new fields describing corporate parent records as well as record type (ATM, Electric Charging Station).
Population by Generation
Use familiar generation cohorts to understand population by age and projected change. (Available for 2018 and 2023.)
- Generation Alpha Population (Born 2017 or Later)
- Generation Z Population (Born 1999 to 2016)
- Millennial Population (Born 1981 to 1998)
- Generation X Population (Born 1965 to 1980)
- Baby Boomer Population (Born 1946 to 1964)
- Silent & Greatest Generations Population (Born 1945/Earlier)
Use the generations data to understand the current population by age as well as the projected change in an area of study. (Created in Business Analyst)
Expanded Home Value Ranges
Use expanded Home Value ranges to view more detailed data for owner occupied housing units with home values above $1 million. (Available for 2018 and 2023.)
- Owner Occupied Housing Units with Value $1,000,000-1,499,999
- Owner Occupied Housing Units with Value $1,500,000-1,999,999
- Owner Occupied Housing Units with Value $2,000,000+
New Data Resource
A new complementary housing database from Axiometrics has been incorporated to capture the growing multifamily rental market. Similar to Metrostudy, which covers new residential owned dwellings like single family homes and condominiums, Axiometrics collects and maintains data on planned, new, and existing rental properties of multifamily and student apartments, nationwide.
The 2018 Market Potential database incorporates the latest Doublebase 2017 data from GfK MRI. As a result, this release introduces some attribute additions/changes/removals.
- 81 data variables have been added
- 81 data variables have description changes
- 49 data variables have been discontinued
Download this PDF to view detailed changes. PDF 304 KB