We are pleased to announce that the World Topographic Map has been updated with new content!
As part of ArcGIS Online, Esri’s Basemaps support a vast GIS community, with the Topographic Map alone averaging over one Million daily viewers. We couldn’t have done it without you; Thank You to our Contributors and Partners who help support the Living Atlas of the World by providing data and enriching these amazing resources.
This update incorporates contributions from select locations in the United States and Canada. We have new and updated content for facility sites, universities, cities, counties and over 42,000 square miles in the state of Virginia!
View this tour of the new and updated content in the World Topographic Map.
Once in a while I like to call a bit of attention to how much our user community enhances the accuracy, usability and aesthetics of our basemaps. Have a look at how these campuses have been transformed.
University of California, Riverside 1:4K
University of New Hampshire 1:4K
University of Redlands 1:4K
Contributors in this Release
- Anne Arundel County, MD (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k)
- Caltrans District 11, San Diego, CA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Everett Community College, Everett, WA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Shoreline, WA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- University of California, Riverside, CA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- University of Redlands, Redlands, CA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Woodstock, GA (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Toronto Area for PanAm Games (Topo 1:144k to 1:1k) Update
- Alachua County, FL (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Lee’s Summit, MO (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- State of Virginia (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
Community Newsletter: Stay updated on program news, tips and tricks, user success stories, training events, and participant contributions by subscribing to the Community Maps Newsletter. You can have the newsletter sent right to your inbox by subscribing here.
Share your data: Do you want to join the growing community of Community Maps contributors? It’s easy; just visitCommunity Maps for an overview and visit the Community Maps Contribution Process page for more information.
Share your story: How has contributing to the Living Atlas Community benefited your organization? Has your participation helped meet a particular challenge? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can promote your success.
For more information visit the Community Maps Program Resource Center.
If you have previously used the World_Topo_Map, you may need to clear your cache in order to see the updates.
If you have feedback on content, try our Topographic Map Feedback web map.