• Run more than one instance of ArcGIS Pro

score1550
    Implemented
    163 votes
    It's not possible to run more then one instances of ArcGIS Pro. Sometimes it's very useful od necessary to run two projects side by side.
    natalie.pieper
    last modified by natalie.pieper
  • Change Text, Symbol Info at a top level

score1480
    Implemented
    152 votes
    I don’t know about you all, but i find it very frustrating when I have to drill down in to Label Properties or Symbol properties to find what I am after. It would be nice to just have it at the top or second lev...
    ajh22
    last modified by ajh22
  • Add the ability to filter the list of coded value domain by typing few letters

score1450
    Implemented
    151 votes
    In ArcMap attribute editor and in the attribute table when a field has a long list of coded values it will be efficient to have the ability to filter the list by typing few letters. This kind of feature can be helpful...
    nadiguy
    last modified by nadiguy
  • Make the Add Data and other dialogs re-sizable

score1450
    Implemented
    145 votes
    Make it so that dialogs like Add Data, Select By Attributes, Select By Location and Options can be resized. Examples of dialog in ArcGIS Desktop that are already re-sizeable are Set Selectable Layers, Find, Edit Sketc...
    epaitz-esristaff
    last modified by epaitz-esristaff
  • Calculate Geometry in ArcGIS Pro

score1390
    Implemented
    145 votes
    Although there is the Add Geometry Attributes tool, what happens if you want to calculate the geometry (X and Y) in an existing field. The Add Geometry Attributes tool creates new fields for this.   You could us...
  • Ability to support syncing ArcGIS Online with Local Repository to Keep Changes

score1370
    Implemented
    139 votes
    We need a way to support replication (2 way) or a versioning scenario where we want to load data weekly to ArcGIS Online that syncs with a service already there, so changes done in the field, can be synced with update...
    Riverside
    last modified by Riverside
  • Add "Null" and "In" buttons in the Query Builder

score1360
    Implemented
    138 votes
    Add "Null" and "In" buttons after the "In" button in the Query Builder dialog box. It should be easy to do. There is room for it. Would be a nice GUI improvement.
    alexroma
    last modified by alexroma
  • Export Domain values and/or descriptions

score1360
    Implemented
    138 votes
    When you export data from a Geodatabase to filebased dataformats it would be very useful, if it was possible to choose to export Attribute Domain values or descriptions - or maybe both. This would remove the...
    SteenKinformi-dk-esridist
    last modified by SteenKinformi-dk-esridist
  • Calculate geometry in AGOL to find the area or length of a polygon or line

score1350
    Implemented
    139 votes
    It would be nice to have some sort of calculate geometry option or have an area field auto populate in AGOL, Collector, and Web App Builder. Even being able to select an existing polygon, hit the current measure tool,...
    ksternhagen8
    last modified by ksternhagen8
  • Drag & Drop Data into ArcGIS Pro

score1290
    Implemented
    135 votes
    Currently, one cannot drag & drop geospatial data, such as shapefiles, directly into an ArcGIS Pro map from Windows Explorer or ArcCatalog like can be done with ArcMap.  Please add Drag & Drop to ArcGIS Pro.
    1_jrflannery
    last modified by 1_jrflannery
  • Better PostgreSQL/PostGIS Integration

score1250
    Implemented
    127 votes
    I like the File geodatabase system but it is closed ecosystem and our lab seems to have troubles with file geodatabases becoming corrupted from time to time.   Build out of the box PostgreSQL/PostGIS integration...
    aurorageomatics
    last modified by aurorageomatics
  • ArcGISOnline Template Enhancements

score1220
    Implemented
    122 votes
    It is frustrating to me when I hear ESRI staff tell me "web application customization is no longer sustainable, you need to move towards web application CONFIGURATION products like AGOL" and then ESRI provides substan...
    mcdade31
    last modified by mcdade31
  • Create better tools for tile cache validation/verification

score1210
    Implemented
    125 votes
    When trying to create a tile cache often times tiles are blank or the caching fails.  Having some sort of gui tool to visualize what tiles have been created at what extent could really help pin point issues and g...
    mpeters
    last modified by mpeters
  • Ability to view and edit LIDAR (*.las) files directly

score1190
    Implemented
    123 votes
    Currently las files can be imported and then the points can be edited, but it would be great if users could view and edit the las file directly.
    eatkinson
    last modified by eatkinson
  • ArcGIS should provide the ability to make changes to field types

score1180
    Implemented
    120 votes
    After creating a feature class, it would be convenient to make changes to field types without having to create a new field with the desired type and copy the data over.
    cdavis-esristaff
    last modified by cdavis-esristaff
  • Need to be able to continue the edit sketch of an existing feature

score1180
    Implemented
    118 votes
    This is described in a forum posting http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/3554-ArcGIS-10-How-do-you-continue-the-edit-sketch-of-an-existing-feature and I'm not sure these get rolled over to Ideas. A common workflow is to ...
    wlynch-esristaff
    last modified by wlynch-esristaff
  • Zoom beyond basemap in AGOL

score1160
    Implemented
    118 votes
    I'd like to see the ability to zoom in closer than the extent of the basemap in arcgis online. Our crews need to be able to see the imagery as a spatial reference to locate utilities, but there are times where there a...
    robb_hodges
    last modified by robb_hodges
  • User Assignable Layer Ids for REST Map Services

score1150
    Implemented
    117 votes
    I am constantly adding and removing layers from map services.  Each time I do, the layerid shifts.  This is a pain.  If I add a new layer, I have modify the source of my apps to reflect t...
    Buddhatown
    last modified by Buddhatown
  • 3D data interpolation

score1130
    Implemented
    121 votes
    Our idea is to enable interpolation of discrete data points in 3-dimensional space. In the picture below a set of air temperature data from NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis was displayed over a digital elevation model in order to...
    kubawalawender
    last modified by kubawalawender
  • Support Related Records in the ArcGIS Online Application Templates & Web App Builder

score1120
    Implemented
    114 votes
    Currently, it is possible to query related records on feature services in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer ONLY- not in any web templates or App Builder. When consuming the same web map with a hosted application or Web Ap...
    starlene
    last modified by starlene