• Please Automate Clearing the REST cache every time I update/modify a GIS Service

score4470
    Implemented
    457 votes
    The software should be programmatically updating the REST cache every time I update a GIS Service using either ArcGIS Server Manager or ArcMap.  I shouldn't have to always manually do this.
    ccabanero
    last modified by ccabanero
  • Add Direction to the Measure Tool

score4330
    Implemented
    443 votes
    The Measure tool presently allows the calculation of distance between features (with snapping). It would be helpful if the Direction / Angle / Azimuth was also shown. . Presently, - The Near Tool modifies my shapefi...
    cbouchar
    last modified by cbouchar
  • Live Legend defined by features in page extent for Data Driven Pages

score4300
    Implemented
    440 votes
    Data Driven Pages is awesome. There are so many efficiencies gained from using this feature, but sometimes not every page in the mapbook has every feature listed in the legend.   My idea is that when Data Driven...
    jwielki
    last modified by jwielki
  • Labelling in ArcGIS online

score3740
    Implemented
    382 votes
    Create an easy way to label features in ArcGIS online, Currently I am not sure this is possible
    sarah_brisbane
    last modified by sarah_brisbane
  • Ability to permanently change the default location of the Default Geodatabase

score3710
    Implemented
    381 votes
    Can we please have the ability to permanently specify the default location of the Default Geodatabase?   Currently a Default.gdb is created in the user's "My Documents' folder on first opening the Normal.mxt. Us...
    Mick_C
    last modified by Mick_C
  • Manage Schema Locks

score3570
    Implemented
    361 votes
    We need a schema lock dialog.  Persons who have the correct priviledges in SDE should be able to kill schema locks.  Currently it is possible through the sde command line, but you have to kill one lock ...
    mping
    last modified by mping
  • Check for Updates button

score3520
    Implemented
    396 votes
    I'd love to see a "check for updates" button in the help menu that connects to esri to see if any new service packs are available and if so, installs them easily (preferably without admin rights needed).  Many ot...
    Noodles484
    last modified by Noodles484
  • Create Views In ArcCatalog Like In SDE Command Line

score3240
    Implemented
    330 votes
    Moderator's note: This idea is implemented with enhancements to the 'Register with Geodatabase' geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS 10.5.  This tool will now allow the registration of database views. Please see th...
    carrierkh
    last modified by carrierkh
  • Bring back the Index tab in Arc Toolbox!!!

score3230
    Implemented
    341 votes
    i don't want to have to drive down into other toolboxes to find the tool i'm looking for.  Lets bring back the index where we can easily see what tools are available!  The search function is okay now but i d...
    1_Judkinsdr
    last modified by 1_Judkinsdr
  • Add Export Model to Python Script back to ArcGIS Pro

score3190
    Implemented
    325 votes
    It appears that the ability to export a model to a Python Script has been removed from ArcGIS Pro 1.1. While it is true many Python scripts created from models will not run within tweaking, many of us use models as st...
    trippcor
    last modified by trippcor
  • Open ArcGIS Pro without having to Save

score3140
    Implemented
    316 votes
    I often open ArcMap just to view some data, answer a question, then close ArcMap without saving it.  When opening ArcGIS Pro, the user is forced to Save a map project somewhere before the map frame is available.&...
    1_jrflannery
    last modified by 1_jrflannery
  • Counts in Legend

score3120
    Implemented
    316 votes
     Provide the option to have the course of the feature classifications in the legend.  For example, robbery in legend has (22) for a count of 22 robberies, etc
    riohondocollege
    last modified by riohondocollege
  • Ability to have Multiple Lines in Legend for one feature

score3010
    Implemented
    305 votes
    It would be fantastic to be able to put in a script or something to be able to put long legend values across two lines instead of converting the whole legend to a graphic or splitting the legend into two legends and a...
    AmyN
    last modified by AmyN
  • HTML 5 Viewer needed

score2890
    Implemented
    293 votes
    It seems like HTML 5 is going to be one of the leading (if not The leading) GIS web development platforms. Flex and Silverlight APIs, however, have their respective Viewers created. They allow for easy and rapid creat...
    alexroma
    last modified by alexroma
  • Support labeling on related fields

score2760
    Implemented
    278 votes
    If I have a 1:M relate between a feature class and a table, I would like to be able to create labels on the related records. For example, I want to label all historical records for a parcel of land.
    IMohamed-esristaff
    last modified by IMohamed-esristaff
  • Link (URL) to a map location for web apps

score2560
    Implemented
    268 votes
    The OOTB viewers (Flex viewer, JavaScript viewer, etc) should accept parameters in the URL for the centre of the map and the scale.  For example: http://myArcGISserver/FlexViewer?centre=46.5,-66.5&scale=2500...
    berniejconnors
    last modified by berniejconnors
  • Increase display speed

score2440
    Implemented
    244 votes
    Improve overall display performance for all layers in the dataframe by default (not just basemap layers). Make ArcGIS Desktop rendering engine fast enough to compete with Google Earth or even better! Idea: global re...
    duri
    last modified by duri
  • Upload related tables to ArcGIS Online maps

score2360
    Implemented
    238 votes
    I work for a facilities management group. I would like the ability to relate a table that contains tenants to a table that contains buildings and be able to upload/display the results in a pop-up for a map in Arc...
    kempmk
    last modified by kempmk
  • "Save As" in Model Builder

score2340
    Implemented
    240 votes
    Many times I will be working on or modifying an existing model and want to save changes to a new model. Unless I am missing something, there is no option to "Save As" and choose a different output name. Having th...
    jrutkowski
    last modified by jrutkowski
  • Maps with Geo-Tagged Photos!!!!

score2330
    Implemented
    239 votes
    Since the geo-tagged photos are already getting generated from millions of users from their digital cameras. I would like to propose this idea. I would like to store geo-tagged photos in a blob field of a feature cla...
    srigopi
    last modified by srigopi