• Export Data - Auto Fill Name

score700
    Implemented
    70 votes
    Instead of having to copy the name every time I want to export out a file from the TOC, perhaps it could autofill using the name of the feature instead of the generic Export_Output.shp. Even appending an "_export.shp...
    drewskey
    last modified by drewskey
  • Introduce a continuous scale for categorized vector data (in legend)

score700
    Implemented
    70 votes
    When presenting a map with numerous categories, these appear as a long (sometime endless...) column in the legend. It would be great if for continuous colors this could be presented in the legend as a condensed, conti...
    jmarr
    last modified by jmarr
  • support a completely open file-based spatial database format

score700
    Implemented
    76 votes
    Instead of continuing to rely upon proprietary data formats such as the  file geodatabase (one we still have no open API for, 4 years later),  why not take the high road for a change and partner with th...
    jlh
    last modified by jlh
  • Dynamic Attribute Table in Layout for Data Driven Page

score690
    Implemented
    73 votes
    If the DDP index layer is used with a dynamic page definition query, the attribute table reflects the resulting features of the query (correctly).  However, if you add that attribute table to your page ...
    kevkuhn
    last modified by kevkuhn
  • Editing the URL path of a Web Map in ArcGIS Online

score690
    Implemented
    71 votes
    Being able to edit the map content of a web map, and changing the URL (from a development server to production server). That way, you don't have to re create the symbology on the layers
    droberge
    last modified by droberge
  • Implement point clustering in the ArcGIS Server JavaScript API

score690
    Implemented
    71 votes
    Please provide point clustering in the JavaScript API, similar to that seen in the Silverlight API at http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisserver/apis/silverlight/samples/start.htm#SimpleClusterer There are ...
    stevel
    last modified by stevel
  • Create a tree control TOC that shows layer symbology

score690
    Implemented
    73 votes
    I would like a have a tree control used as table of contents that shows the symbology for the feature class.  Right now, our users have to click on something to generate the legend (slowly) on the fly.  We a...
    pjohnson
    last modified by pjohnson
  • SDE preconfigured tracking fields

score690
    Implemented
    71 votes
         So here is my idea:         SDE needs default tracking fields BUILT INTO IT! Just as the shape fields are created when a new feature class is...
    Blindside
    last modified by Blindside
  • JavaScript API Builder

score680
    Implemented
    72 votes
    Create a JavaScript API Application Builder like those created for the Flex and Sliverlight APIs.   Note from Esri (Dec. 18 2014): ArcGIS 10.3 for Server includes at no additional cost the Portal for ArcGIS exte...
    TONIFAIRBANKS
    last modified by TONIFAIRBANKS
  • Using the ArcGIS Server JavaScript API, I want to be able to create mobile web apps that work on mobile browsers (Android, iPhone)

score680
    Implemented
    74 votes
          When creating mobile applications, we now have the iPhone SDK, we will soon have an Android SDK, but we should also have an option to use the JavaScript API that will run on mobile ...
    ccabanero
    last modified by ccabanero
  • Increase size of Symbology dialog box

score670
    Implemented
    67 votes
    The Symbology dialog box is far too small both in terms of height and width. This makes it difficult to view and organise any symbols set, and having to do so much horizontal and vertical scrolling to view the symbols...
    Madgwick
    last modified by Madgwick
  • Start implementing ideas that have a large number of votes

score670
    Implemented
    73 votes
    If an idea has a large number of votes (let's say more than 5000), perhaps that is an indication that it is in fact a good idea and worthy of prioritisation for implementation. For example, the 64bit ArcGIS Deskt...
    forknuts
    last modified by forknuts
  • Support Related Records in ArcGIS Online Pop-ups

score670
    Implemented
    67 votes
    ArcGIS Online currently does not support related records in web map pop-ups.  The related records are viewable in table form in the web map, but this is not as clean or practical as the pop-up window.   The...
    phil_sherman
    last modified by phil_sherman
  • Enable users of ArcGIS online and Arc Explorer online to browse to add layers from the user's computer - And to upload and share that content

score660
    Implemented
    68 votes
    I just tried ArcGIS and Arc Explorer online.  After playing a moment with adding available layers, I wanted to add layers from my own computer to the map. That option is not available when the user clicks the "Ad...
    jblavin
    last modified by jblavin
  • Export Data... To Kml

score660
    Implemented
    70 votes
    As the keyhole markup language (kml\kmz) becomes an increasingly popular method of spatial data sharing, it would be helpful to have as many ways as possible to export a shapefile out to kml.   Currently this...
    CHSW03
    last modified by CHSW03
  • “Undo” Feature Service Edits in ArcGIS Pro

score650
    Implemented
    65 votes
    I would like to see the ability, in ArcGIS Pro, to Undo edits performed on items that are streamed in from a feature service.  Whether a hosted feature service located in ArcGIS Online (AGOL) or a feature service...
    jrflannery
    last modified by jrflannery
  • Expand search for multiple features in ArcGIS Online

score650
    Implemented
    67 votes
    The ArcGIS Online map allows for filtering layers but not a way to search for features within a layer. Currently, the only application template of which I am aware that allows searching for features in a map layer is ...
    mmartin
    last modified by mmartin
  • I Want ArcGlobe Integrated into ArcMap Not A Seperate Product

score650
    Implemented
    75 votes
     I like how ArcToolbox became integrated into ArcMap after ArcGIS 8, and how ArcCatalog has become integrated in ArcMap af ArcGIS 10, now lets finally put the 3D viewing/analysis in ArcMap.  This puts all of...
    ccabanero
    last modified by ccabanero
  • ArcGIS Mobile support for Multiple Photos linked to 1 feature.

score650
    Implemented
    65 votes
    This relates to supporting relationship classes with ArcGIS Mobile projects, but this ideas is specific to supporting a related table/link/object that stores photos linked to a collected feature. For example, in a dis...
  • Limit/Lock Map Extent in ArcGIS Online

score640
    Implemented
    64 votes
    It would be good to be able to fix the extent of a published map in ArcGIS Online. At present users can pan and zoom beyond the published maps extent. To lock that down and keep users in the published area of interest...
    webmapsolutions
    last modified by webmapsolutions