• Deal with broken datasources in an MXD better

score740
    Implemented
    74 votes
     The problem: You have taken ages over making an mxd file for a client, and have styled it all great etc. You take it over to the client and obviously your database connections do not match up. So the MXD tries t...
    ramotswa
    last modified by ramotswa
  • Functional Levels in AGO

score730
    Implemented
    73 votes
    This new idea of Named User "Levels" seems to be missing some forethought or even insight from "real world" users.   From ESRI site: Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  "Organ...
    slongtpwd
    last modified by slongtpwd
  • Draft Stamping Maps

score730
    Implemented
    75 votes
    There have been several instances when I create an "in house" map for someone to review.  Later on I find that map in a document or being circulated to others.  This is not a refined graphic and was not inte...
    dlaiuppa
    last modified by dlaiuppa
  • ArcGIS Mobile Provide Interface For Connecting To A VRS

score730
    Implemented
    79 votes
    I would really considering moving from ArcPad to ArcGIS Mobile if it provided a way to connect to a VRS System. I live and work in Ohio, connecting to our VRS System is free of charge. The only reason I cannot move fr...
    carrierkh
    last modified by carrierkh
  • Survey123 Grid Theme and Multiple Page Forms

score720
    Implemented
    72 votes
    Our field crews (line mechanics and electricians) have different forms/log sheets that they fill out daily.  It would be great to duplicate the look and feel of these forms.  It would make it much more ...
    ehovsepian
    last modified by ehovsepian
  • Configure ArcGIS Online geocoding with a custom locator

score720
    Implemented
    72 votes
    It would be useful if ArcGIS Online subscriptions allowed you to configure ArcGIS Online to use a different locator services from ArcGIS Server. This would allow ArcGIS Online geocoding to leverage all the authoritati...
    tbrenneman-esristaff
    last modified by tbrenneman-esristaff
  • Provide an Android SDK to allow adding ArcGIS Server GIS Services to Android phones/tablets

score720
    Implemented
    84 votes
    Allow for adding ArcGIS Server map services to a custom ESRI map control.  Also, allow for adding ArcGIS Server map services to the existing GoogleMaps map control on Android.  Allow the 'AGS Android SDK' to...
    ccabanero
    last modified by ccabanero
  • Reference related tables using Arcade

score710
    Implemented
    71 votes
    It would be great to let Arcade access information from related tables. For example for a popup, if you could click on a feature and use Arcade to loop through records in the related table and display that information...
    rtansley
    last modified by rtansley
  • Transparent Halos and Text

score710
    Implemented
    73 votes
    Allow users to set transparency on text as well as their halos seperately.  This would allow for finer adjustment of the text display and halo while still allowing some of the features below the text and/or halo ...
    jwarzi
    last modified by jwarzi
  • Expand Colormaps to include negative values for DEM display

score710
    Implemented
    73 votes
    The Colormap function appears to have been developed to create .gif image and similar color look-up tables. A very nice feature of the ArcMap implementation, however, is that RGB color values can be assigned to any po...
    kimerlia
    last modified by kimerlia
  • Export Data - Auto Fill Name

score700
    Implemented
    70 votes
    Instead of having to copy the name every time I want to export out a file from the TOC, perhaps it could autofill using the name of the feature instead of the generic Export_Output.shp. Even appending an "_export.shp...
    drewskey
    last modified by drewskey
  • Introduce a continuous scale for categorized vector data (in legend)

score700
    Implemented
    70 votes
    When presenting a map with numerous categories, these appear as a long (sometime endless...) column in the legend. It would be great if for continuous colors this could be presented in the legend as a condensed, conti...
    jmarr
    last modified by jmarr
  • support a completely open file-based spatial database format

score700
    Implemented
    76 votes
    Instead of continuing to rely upon proprietary data formats such as the  file geodatabase (one we still have no open API for, 4 years later),  why not take the high road for a change and partner with th...
    jlh
    last modified by jlh
  • Dynamic Attribute Table in Layout for Data Driven Page

score690
    Implemented
    73 votes
    If the DDP index layer is used with a dynamic page definition query, the attribute table reflects the resulting features of the query (correctly).  However, if you add that attribute table to your page ...
    kevkuhn
    last modified by kevkuhn
  • Editing the URL path of a Web Map in ArcGIS Online

score690
    Implemented
    71 votes
    Being able to edit the map content of a web map, and changing the URL (from a development server to production server). That way, you don't have to re create the symbology on the layers
    droberge
    last modified by droberge
  • Implement point clustering in the ArcGIS Server JavaScript API

score690
    Implemented
    71 votes
    Please provide point clustering in the JavaScript API, similar to that seen in the Silverlight API at http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisserver/apis/silverlight/samples/start.htm#SimpleClusterer There are ...
    stevel
    last modified by stevel
  • Create a tree control TOC that shows layer symbology

score690
    Implemented
    73 votes
    I would like a have a tree control used as table of contents that shows the symbology for the feature class.  Right now, our users have to click on something to generate the legend (slowly) on the fly.  We a...
    pjohnson
    last modified by pjohnson
  • SDE preconfigured tracking fields

score690
    Implemented
    71 votes
         So here is my idea:         SDE needs default tracking fields BUILT INTO IT! Just as the shape fields are created when a new feature class is...
    Blindside
    last modified by Blindside
  • JavaScript API Builder

score680
    Implemented
    72 votes
    Create a JavaScript API Application Builder like those created for the Flex and Sliverlight APIs.   Note from Esri (Dec. 18 2014): ArcGIS 10.3 for Server includes at no additional cost the Portal for ArcGIS exte...
    TONIFAIRBANKS
    last modified by TONIFAIRBANKS
  • Using the ArcGIS Server JavaScript API, I want to be able to create mobile web apps that work on mobile browsers (Android, iPhone)

score680
    Implemented
    74 votes
          When creating mobile applications, we now have the iPhone SDK, we will soon have an Android SDK, but we should also have an option to use the JavaScript API that will run on mobile ...
    ccabanero
    last modified by ccabanero