Are you curious about the Web AppBuilder?
Do you want to see how simple it is to create a feature-rich, fully responsive Web Application that works on all browsers and all devices without writing a single line of code?
Do you want to learn how to install and configure Robert Scheitlin's Enhanced Search Widget, the Wonder Widget that made the Flex platform so popular?
If so, you have come to the right place!
Get on your Desktop or Laptop and follow through this hands-on demo.
This will walk you through the entire process of downloading the Developer Edition of the Web AppBuilder, installing the custom widgets, registering an application, creating a Web Map, launching the Web AppBuilder, configuring the custom widgets, setting up a Proxy, and deploying the Web Application on a Web Server.
This Tutorial is broken into these sections:
- A few tips before you get started
- Download Web AppBuilder Developer Edition
- Download and Install NotePad++
- Download Robert's Enhanced Search Widget
- Download Robert's Identify Widget
- Download Robert's Enhanced Basemap Gallery
- Summary of your Downloads
- Install Robert's Custom Widgets
- Register your Application on ArcGIS Online
- Create a Web Map
- Launch the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 1.1
- Making the Web AppBuilder work behind a Corporate Proxy
- Create a Web Application
- Add the Enhanced Basemap Gallery
- Preview your Web App on different screen sizes
- Add the Identify Widget
- Add the Enhanced Search Widget
- Download your Web App
- Set up your Proxy
- Test your Proxy
- What if you have a Proxy on your LAN?
- Deploy your Web Application
- Format config.json in DirtyMarkup.com
- Edit config.json
- Test your Web Application
- Transfer the Web Application to your Production Server
- What if there is a Proxy on your Production Web Server?
- Install Fidder to inspect the Network Traffic
- Example config.json on your Production Server
- Working demo of this Web Application
- The Road Ahead
- Moxie's Technical Sessions at ESRI UC 2015
Download the Web AppBuilder Tutorial (Version 2.0) from here:
What’s New in Version 2.0?
Are you getting an HTTP 500 error when you try to test your Proxy?
Section 22 explains how to configure IIS Manager on your Local PC if you already have a Proxy on your Local Area Network.
Section 28 explains how to configure IIS Manager on your Production Web Server if there is a Proxy on the LAN.
Are you finding it hard to edit the config.json file because it does not have line breaks?
Section 24 explains how to format this file in DirtyMarkup.com
Are you interested in attending some Technical Sessions on the Web AppBuilder at the ESRI User Conference?
Section 34 lists some must see sessions presented by Moxie Zhang.
Test drive the Web Application that you will create:
Download the Web Application:
Bookmark Rebecca Strauch's Blog:
This is your Central Clearing House for everything related to the Web AppBuilder.
Bookmark Robert Scheitlin's Custom WAB Widgets Discussion List:
This is the Central Repository for all of Robert's Custom Widgets.
Tapas Das, GISP