Extent Indicator for Map Clipped to Outline?

08-10-2022 03:29 PM
GB_MattPanunto_GISS
Occasional Contributor II

I have a map that is being clipped to an outline of one of its layers. However, the extent indicator for the map frame still shows the full extent of the layer, not the clipped feature outline. Is there a way to make the extent indicator match the clipped feature outline? Using ArcGIS Pro v2.9.2.

3 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

The extent indicator is designed to show the shape of the map frame, not any of the data within the map (the exception is spatial map series, with a spatial map series the extent indicator can show the extent of the feature in the index layer). To accomplish your workflow you'd need to reshape your map frame to follow the clipped features.  

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
GB_MattPanunto_GISS
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a quick and easy way to reshape a map frame to follow the clip feature(s)? I guess I figured this would be easy like it was in ArcMap, where the data frame would clip itself to the layer you specify, thus also clipping any extent indicator referencing that clipped data frame.

AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Pro currently doesn't have a reshape map frame option to follow a clip feature, you do have to manually reshape it. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos